Monday, August 29, 2011

Dear Annmarie, I finished your book...

With nearly 40 years in business, I have never read a book that was so inspiring, and a book that I needed, so much.

I am married to my wife, Sharon, I have a son, Clint, and a daughter, Grace. I run several businesses, and I continually start new businesses for clients. I am going to school working on my MBA, and I am doing a reality show where I help people start the business of their dreams.

Honestly, my life is kind of a mess. Although I appear to clients and friends and the network, that I am in complete control, the truth is that most of the time my head is spinning. Once or twice a month, I spend the day in my office cleaning up the mess. I would like to think that I'm organized, but that only lasts for a few minutes until my next meeting.

I have owned and operated many businesses in my life. My co-producer and the network calls me the "Business Master". But after reading your book, I can see that I have so much work to do on myself and on my businesses.

When I began reading your book, I took a piece of paper and started making notes as I read. I wanted to soak it all in, and make sure I followed your directions to the "T". I read and re-read each page, and made my notes. I cried when I read parts in your book where you struggled. It made me think of the Friday afternoon, when I paid my large crew. Most of them didn't have bank accounts, so I would meet them at the bank and hand out checks. Then I went inside the bank with them, and verified for them so they could cash their checks. When I got home that Friday evening, I sat down to relax and watch a little TV. Suddenly the power went off. I was startled, and asked my wife what happened. She was afraid to tell me, but she finally said, "We didn't have enough money to pay the electric bill". Friday evening, and they just turned off the power! Our 16 yr. old son, stood up, and said, "I'm going to grandma's!"

But after reading a few pages in your book, I soon realized that just tweaking my business would not be enough. I will have to re-build my business. I want you to know that you have given me the best plan.

I have implemented several of your ideas into my daily routine already, but soon I will take a good break from work and spend some time revamping my entire business. This will take some time, because I have such a large structure with several businesses, and the reality show. But over that past 3 years things have really gotten out of control.

I just wanted to tell you that your book, your stories and your suggestions, business tips and ideas have already really helped me. What you put in your book is invaluable to me. And I know over the years many people will feel the same way.

We never know how we will touch people. I know that sometimes I think that the work that I do, doesn't mean much. Many times I feel like giving up on something because I am so overwhelmed.

But I think of President Abraham Lincoln, and how he had 10 major failures and setbacks in 29 years. And then he was elected President Of The United States. What if he had given up somewhere along the line? And even what if he had been successful at any one of the endeavors that he attempted? What if he had won the Senate? What if he had become a Congressmen? He may have stayed there, and made that his career, and we may have never had one of the best Presidents our country has ever had.

I'm not a quitter, and I don't give up. But I do get tired, and I become discouraged.

Annmarie, I want to thank you for taking the time to write your book. For taking the time to write your stories. For taking the time to share your business tips, and thank you for giving me your secrets. I know in time my business...businesses will mean more to me, and will be more valuable because you took the time.

Thank you Annmarie.

Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment