Sunday, August 7, 2011

Success in the YES

You are challenged this week to walk through your business and look at from your customer’s perspective. How welcoming is your entrance area? How friendly are your employees? What do your floors and walls look like? How much dust is there on your point of sale? How much dust is on the person answering your phones? How fresh and clean is your restroom?

Look objectively and ask yourself if you would use your business.

My current strategy is firmly embedded in ‘no’. ‘No’ to one of my favorite hotels, finally, because I just can’t handle walking through the cloud of cigarette smoke that surrounds the front door. Who decided that was the perfect place to put their smoking area? A strong ‘no’ to the dry cleaner that to is always harried, sloppy and unorganized. No wonder they have repeatedly lost my clothes. Should have said ‘no’ to them a long time ago.

I am saying ‘no’ to what was one of my favorite restaurants. While their food is spectacular, they just can’t bring it to the table with any personality or sincerity. Why am I paying a premium price for food and no service? There are plenty of restaurants with amazing food that I am sure will appreciate my business and they probably have clean restrooms unlike my old favorite.

I am saying ‘yes’ to Nordstrom’s who rocks it with their customer service. I am saying ‘yes’ to the hair dresser who is always on time, offers wine and makes me not only look but feel fabulous; All in a clean, updated and friendly atmosphere. I am saying ‘yes’ to Sprouts because their store is neither a never ending uncomfortable maze nor is it a big, bright and loud box. I am saying ‘yes’ to their simplicity and freshness.

What do you need to do so your customers will continue to say ‘yes’ to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment