Monday, March 14, 2011

Obnoxiously Oblivious and in a Bikini

There is no excuse for being obnoxiously oblivious. I know I am not the only one out here that has a problem with the rudeness of oblivious people. I am easily irritated by people who walk through life with no clue as to how their actions or words may impact the universe around them.

I am lounging on my beach. One whole mile plus of sugar white sand and crystal clear water are mine and mine alone. There are no waves and the seagulls are loving the calm as much as I am. Not a person in sight. No noise but the sea, the sandpipers and the occasional pelican. I was desperate for this beach respite and am so thankful to be here. It is 65 degrees outside and I am comfortable sitting in the sand like it is my second skin even though I have clothes on.

Deep into meditation I hear voices. Two squealing obnoxious female voices. Regretfully, I open my eyes to see two size 4 bleach blonde thirty something’s in bikinis and expensive sunglasses. Wide open beach, again, not a soul in sight and these two supremely idiotic women are screaming like lunatics braving the cold water in their little Victoria Secret band aids with ruffles on their butts RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME. Are you freaking serious? So oblivious to ME that on this EMPTY and wide expanse of beach they literally stop not 10 yards from ME and my meditative and fully clothed state?

As I watch these two bimbos shriek as they dunk their long highlighted tresses in the salt water, I have to wonder about the times I have probably done the same exact thing. (Not the shrieking in the salt water in a band aid thing, the being rude thing.) Wanting to dance in the waves, was I oblivious to what was going on with someone else’s personal space? Was I in a place of intention with my business and my goals that I didn’t open myself up to the needs of someone meditating right beside me? Have you so lost yourself in your business and what you wanted that you forgot what your customer needed? Forgot a promise you made to an employee? Have there been times when you have been oblivious to the golden rule in business that the customer is indeed, your Boss? That you just might need your employees to help take care of The Boss?

With my peaceful state interrupted, I left the beach, walking through the sand, over the dune to the beach house. Under the stairs, I stripped to my panties and bra (no, not from Victoria Secret) and used the outside shower hose to wash the sand off of my feet, up my legs and off of my arms. Shaking out my clothes and preparing to manage the stairs up to the balcony, I noticed the gaggle of construction workers having lunch on the balcony of the house next to ours.

Yes, that would be me. Fifty something in my panties and bra being obnoxiously oblivious. Damn it.

No comments:

Post a Comment