Thursday, May 6, 2010

All About the Sign!

As you know, I am a very visual person. You can tell me anything and I get it. Show me, however and I am all over it. This being said, yes, I am thrilled about the opportunity to sign a contract with Tate Publishing. Tate who now had in their hands my new baby, The Book. I decided that I couldn't move forward unless I saw Tate in person. I needed to meet the people who were going to work with me to birth my dream.

Off to Oklahoma I go. I used to live in Tulsa and I loved it there. It was a very happy time in my life and I clearly remember the stunning seasons. I used to travel from Tulsa to Oklahoma City to do some freelance work way back when and loved it. You will love this: The last time I was in Oklahoma City was when I traveled up on a whim to audition for Martha Stewart Apprentice. Martha's spin off from Donald Trumps Apprentice series. Yes, there is a story there!

I was going to be in Dallas and made arrangements with Tate to travel to Mustang, OK to visit, have a tour and meet everyone and anyone who would take the time to talk to me. Excited. I was excited!

My best friend, my GPS, took me straight to the front door and the sign. 'Welcome Author-Annmarie McArthur' They spelled my name right! They put out a sign! Just for ME! I know they have a million authors and I am sure they have many that visit all the time. But frankly, I don't care. They put out a sign, just for me with my name on it and they spelled it right!

I didn't start out Annmarie. I'll tell you now that I started out Ann Marie. There are a zillion Ann's in the world and my parents always called me Ann-Marie. While you meet many Ann's in a lifetime, you sure don't meet many if any, Ann-Maries. Because I am totally a one of a kind and I get that I am a one of a kind and got it a long time ago that I am a one of a kind, many, many years ago, I went to court and became Annmarie! One of the best decisions I ever made. I love my name!

I digress. My visit to Tate was very interesting. I was managed. Managed like I am not used to being managed. Tate managed me. They told me what I needed to be told. Introduced me to the people that I needed to meet. Showed me what I needed to see. Glently walked me along when I was staying too long in one spot and talking too much. They MANAGED me and I loved every moment. Everyone there was young. Organized. Focused. Obviously talented. Wow! I am now part of their family!

Before I knew it I was walked out the door and to my car; With a Tate mug and a Tate pen. I loved Tate and I am going to love Tate and I am going to work with Tate. I understand that a book like mine is a first for them. They haven't taken on a project geared towards empowering small business owners before! I am the first. One of a kind!

My next communication from them will be my production schedule. I can't wait to hear! They got my name right and they put it on the sign. I have no doubt that they will do everything else right also. We are going to help alot of people manage themselves to success!

1 comment: