Sunday, May 16, 2010

Hurricane Brownies

Those who know me know that I am absolutely not a procrastinator but boy, oh, boy, I have been procrastinating finishing the Author Outline pages that the Dolphin had asked me to complete. Don’t know what pushed me off the edge, but I finally finished and submitted them today. All questions answered including where I think my book should be displayed in a bookstore. I wanted to say right inside the front door, duh. But I was respectful and realistic and didn’t! I did say that I could see it in every airport terminal bookstore in the whole wide world though! I also answered who my audience was going to be and what I wanted people to take away from my book and more and more.

I’ve also now read the Tate Marketing guidelines. Now, that was exciting! All these directions on book-signings and paraphernalia like bookmarks and post cards and posters and t-shirts. On and on! They suggest that I have my first book signing in the town that I live in and have a minimum of 30 of my own guests in attendance. I am going to have to bribe everyone with Hurricane Brownies!

I still have the message from the keynote speaker from Tyler’s graduation running around in my head. One of his points was to do more than average people do. He talked about how average people just survive not necessarily succeeding. In order to succeed in life one must exceed expectation. I promise that I am going to do more than average with this book. I am going to exceed expectation by doing everything that I need to do going above and beyond with each task that Tate gives me. No more procrastination!

3 comments:

  1. What is the name of your books?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The working title is: Recipes From A Life: Managing Your Small Business From the Inside Out. Have no idea what it will be when the process is finished! Pretty excited to think about what they might come up with. I have total control so it will have to be something I approve. Yay!

    ReplyDelete